The University of Stavanger is proud to host the 32nd International Congress for School Effectiveness and Improvement (ICSEI).
At ICSEI 2019 you will gain insight into the most recent research on education, from kindergarten through to high-school. School practitioners and leaders will share experiences, challenges and best practice in an ever changing sector. The conference’s workshops and masterclasses provide the delegates with unique opportunities to discuss, share and learn.
This year’s inspiring keynotes include professor Amanda Dathnow, professor Kathy Sylva, Global teachers prize winner Maggie MacDonnell, general secretary Jan Egeland (NRC) and Norway’s minister of science and higher education Iselin Nybø. The keynotes will address highly relevant issues for educators all over the world.
“Bringing together – creating innovative educational policies and practices for diversity, equity and sustainability.”
This is what ICSEI 2019 is about. Furthermore, the congress has a set of subthemes, which provide the backdrop for both the key notes and parallell sessions:
- Education that creates a culture of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Early childhood education for the future: creativity and innovation
- Exploring the field of educational effectiveness –innovation processes, research methods and techniques
- Sharing knowledge to improve data-informed decision making practices in education
- Rethinking roles and relationships within systems
- Leadership for and in the future
What is ICSEI?
ICSEI is an annual, international education congress for school leaders, practitioners, researchers and authorities. ICSEI participants meet with the common goal to improve the quality and equity of kindergartens and schools on a local and global level.
Looking forward to seeing you in Stavanger!