On Tuesday January 8 kindergartens and schools in Stavanger and the surrounding area will open up for visitors and provide participants with a unique opportunity to learn more about the role of play and the outdoors in Norwegian kindergartens as well as insight into the inclusive school system.
School visits will be arranged to primary schools, junior and senior high schools. You will be organized in groups of 8-10 delegates, and your visit will last approximately from 9.00 to 14.00. Lunch is provided.
On arrival school management will give a brief presentation and provide ample room for questions and discussions. The participating schools are encouraged to involve student representatives in the visit.
We will try to accomodate your preferences in regards to whether you wish to visit a primary school or a secondary school, but unfortunately we cannot make any guarantees in this respect.
Kindergarten visits (ECEC-settings for children age 1-6)
14 different kindergartens are inviting ICSEI congress delegates for a visit. There will be a total of 15 groups visiting these kindergartens. Each group will consist of four congress delegates.
You will leave Stavanger Forum at 09.30, and be at the kindergarten around 10.00.
On arrival in the kindergarten the first 30 minutes will be a presentation of the kindergarten, where you will be able to ask questions. Later on you will have a guided tour around the kindergarten, inside and outside.
The visit will end with a communal lunch together with one of the kindergarten departments (we will organize a packed lunch for you), and you will leave the kindergarten at approximately 11.30.
Please note that since we will spend a considerable amount of time outdoors to quite a few of these visits, we advice you to dress accordingly. (Local weather forecast.)
Information relevant for all visits
- Everyone should meet at Stavanger Forum (the congress center)
- At 8:15 am there is a “Introduction to the Norwegian education system”, with one track for kindergartens and another track for visitors to the schools.
- Schools: meeting room Mastrafjord A
- Kindergartens: meeting room Lysefjorden (A)
- We will provide transport from Stavanger Forum to the schools/kindergartens, and back to Stavanger Forum.
- Representatives from the university will follow each group.
- All communication during the visits will be in English.
Please note that pre-registration is required. Registration closes on December 19.